When you are considering a weight reduction plan, the first question that you need to ask yourself is: Are you willing to change the way you eat for the rest of your life? The only true way to lose weight and maintain it is to eat differently. A “diet” is a dirty little four-letter word. It conjures up images of transient, quick fixes, in which you take drastic measures so you can look good for one thing or another, without much regard to what happens next. The truth is that 65% of people who “diet” regain the weight within 3 years after they finish.
So, if you are ready to pursue a weight reduction plan, what should you consider? First, you should know that there is NO one-size-fits-all approach. Before you pick your path, you should:
- Consider the Past: What have you tried in the past? What did you like? Dislike? Why couldn’t you live with it long term? What were you biggest issues?
- Think About Your Triggers: When is it the hardest to control what you eat (stressful times, holidays, etc)? What sets you off? What are you “guilty” pleasures and why?
- Get Some Support: There will be up days and down days. You will slip-up. What’s most important is to get back on track, and a support network can help.
- Set Goals: In the Anvanca weight loss and diet system, you are required to set three goals. The first goal is to lose 5 pounds. The second is to lower your body mass index (BMI) to 30 or below. The final is to achieve your ideal weight, which is a BMI between 20 and 25. Don’t know what a BMI is, don’t worry, we’ll calculate it for you.
Why set goals? Having specific, achievable goals is the number one predictor of success – be that in your career, in sports, or in life in general. Without a goal, it’s nearly impossible to set up lasting habits, which drive success.
OK. You have your goals. Now what? Now, it’s time to develop new behaviors. The best way to develop new behaviors is to make them habits. The Anvanca diet and weight loss plan leverages this psychological insight to help you build three habits. These habits are isolated and simplified so you don’t bite off more than you can chew.
- Eating less: Exercise comes later since we want to focus on one thing at a time. During this first phase, you select a meal plan to follow. Why? So, you eliminate the distractions and focus on the first step. This is different that a “diet” because you will go on to habit #2.
- Managing calories and exercise more on your own: TipMyBalance™, is a simple and easy way to lose weight. It’s based upon a very simple concept of dollars and cents. Each day you are given a daily balance, or dollar amount. The goal is to have money left over at the end of the day – keeping the balance in your account tipped in your favor. Any money you “save”, you can use to treat yourself later or apply it to other days. Each food or meal is given a dollar value in simple terms: nickel, dime, quarter, ½ dollar, and dollar.
- Managing without a strict format to guide you: This part of the program builds upon what you’ve learned, so you make better choices going forward. Coaching plays a key role in this part of the program.
As stated earlier, successful weight reduction and management requires a permanent change in your eating and exercising habits. We want you to be part of the 35% that succeed. For more information about Anvanca, visit Anvanca.com