Quick Healthy Eating Quiz:
• Healthy Eating Question #1: Is popcorn a whole grain?
Answer: Yes, popcorn is a whole-grain. Unlike many other foods using whole grains, popcorn is relatively unprocessed. This leaves much of the fiber intact.
• Healthy Eating Question #2: Does popcorn have more antioxidants than many fruits & vegetables?
Answer: Yes. As it turns out, popcorn has up to 300 milligrams per serving of a special class of antioxidants, called polyphenols. Polyphenols are found in many healthy foods such as green tea, fruits, and vegetables. The levels in popcorn are higher than the average of all fruits, which have roughly 160mg per serving.
• Healthy Eating Question #3: Does one serving of popcorn have more polyphenols than the average American gets from either the fruits or vegetables eating daily?
Answer: Yes. The average adult in the U.S. gets around 250 mg of polyphenols/day from vegetables and 200 from fruit.\
• Healthy Eating Question #4: How many times higher is polyphenol content in popcorn vs. other snacks?
Answer: It was 15 times higher than other whole-grain chips and roughly equivalent to what is found in nuts.
• Healthy Eating Question #5: How you prepare your popcorn can negate these benefits?
Answer: True. Adding butter and salt quickly turns this from a healthy snack to handful of trouble. Air-popped popcorn is the way to go. Microwaved popcorn has about twice as many calories as air-popped.
For more helpful information on diet, exercises, and losing weight, visit Anvanca.com. We are focused on weight loss, and the healthy benefits of losing weight. In order to make it work, I think people need coaching. This is why we developed Anvanca. Anvanca is the only program that combines an effective weight loss supplement with free personalized coaching to help you lose weight and keep it off. We believe coaching is critical in the first month as you learn new behaviors. If you are interested in learning more, check us out at Anvanca.com.